Moving Head Protection in a Forward Direction.
The sport of motocross and off-road racing are extreme and punishing, but always progressing. Bell is committed to keeping pace with this progression by providing purpose-built solutions that provide across-the-board head protection for the modern rider. So when it came to evolving the tried and true Moto-9, Bell wanted to re-think fit and build on the helmet's longstanding ability to manage energy in low, mid, and high-speed impacts. Bell is pleased to report, they did.
- Lightweight composite carbon shell.
- Velocity Flow Ventilation system for maximum cooling.
- Fully adjustable Flying Bridge Visor with air intake vents.
- Removable / washable X-Static XT2 silver liner.
- Extended Wear interior.
- Exclusive Magnefusion Emergency Removal System (MERS) cheekpads.
- QuickFlip visor screws for easy adjustment even with gloves on.
- Fully ventilated EPS-lined chinbar.
- Integrated vented roost guard.
- New and improved Exclusive Magnefusion magnetic strap keeper.
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure.
- Padded, lined helmet bag included.
- Industry-leading five-year warranty.
- Certification: SNELL M2015, DOT.
- Weight: 1450 grams.
Leveraging the segmented liner from Bell's Segment bike helmet, they sought to achieve a more personalized, adaptive fit, regardless of head shape. In creating a first-of-its-kind impact liner, Bell utilized a revolutionary combination of polymer materials to provide a "progressive" energy management system that's designed to absorb low, mid and high-energy impacts. When it came to testing, the initial Flex samples outperformed any other motocross helmet Bell has tested to date.
The result is no accident. The Moto-9 Flex is the most advanced helmet Bell has ever made, with the ability to reduce linear and rotational energy to the head in low, mid, and high-speed impacts. The Moto-9 Flex is quickly setting a new threshold for rider protection in motocross and off-road racing.
The Core Technologies:
- Progressive Layering: A first-of-its kind, three-layer impact liner designed to manage energy from three potential impact scenarios: low, mid, and high-speed.
- Adaptive Fit: Segmented construction, automatically conforming to a rider's head for a better fit and more predictable energy management.
- Rotational Energy Management: A "slip zone" within the impact liner allows for subtle movement between the inner layers and works to reduce rotational energy transfer from angular impacts.
- Ventilation: With the new segmented and flexible liner in the Moto-9 Flex, Bell were able to add to the proven Velocity Flow Ventilation system to make an even cooler helmet.